Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Treasure re-exposed




 A buried treasure ...playing along with Seth Apter from The Altered Page - this is a re-post from 2009 (!) regarding my self published book that was designed by my very talented sister Tami.
One day she just surprised me with this colorful and special book.
 
I feel this book really reflects me as a mixed media artist, with all the textures and colors that I love.
The publishing of this book was a big step in my life as an artist. I have just a handful of copies left before it becomes a "collector item"...(available in my Etsy store). The same year also brought to life my second book that was published by Interweave: Printmaking + Mixed Media.
ps: please check The Altered Page on 7.23rd for additional buried treasures from other bloggers.
Here is the original post:






I am doing the happy dance! A second and a little bigger edition of my new book is here!
I love these colorful squared books and would be happy to send them away to any one who is interested. The book price is $30.00 + shipping. Inside you will find 70 pages of my colorful mixed media art: from fiber to paper, from printmaking to bookmaking and from collage to assemblage. (Wow, it even rhymes!). Please email me for a copy or more information. (dorit_elisha@yahoo.com)
These are a couple of pages from the book. (There are more photos in some of my previous posts).



5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, this sounds like a book I should be reading. Especially if it has anything to do with paper and fiber, two of my favorite mediums. Thanks for sharing this repost.

Joi at RR said...

Enjoyed visiting your Buried Treasure! So glad the book was a great success! j.

Catherine R said...

Liked seeing these. Things in boxes have such a fascination particularly.

Renee said...

Wishing you the best on your book, the pictures are intriguing!

Jean said...

Intriguing pieces! Thank you for the inspiration!