Monday, October 13, 2014

color and texture in Italy (part III)

This last post about my trip to Italy has photos of rich color and texture from
Milan, Florence and the island of Burano.

                                I have to start with my first roommate in Milan...



      On the top of the Milan Duomo - the tallest Duomo in Europe I believe..




 The Duomo in Florence - a favorite spot of mine since my "History of Art" in college days






                                                     reflections on the Arno river in Florence

                                         17th century Jewish cemetery on the Lido island near Venice

                 Burano - the most colorful island I have ever seen! According to the story the reason for each house being in a different color was to help the fishermen recognize their own home
from the sea.












Of course with all this inspiration much more art will be created and posted in the next couple of weeks!

4 comments:

Tami Sinar said...

It is so beautiful, looks like you had a great time sis

Seth said...

Gorgeous shots. Brings me back to my time in Italy, which to me is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

donnaj said...

stunning! thanks for sharing~

iHanna said...

I was in Venice in October, and when I was going to Burano there was a boat strike so I couldn't go. Love your photos from there!