Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Orleans on my mind and in my camera

















I took a few days off to visit the city of New Orleans, something I have been planing for years.
There is a lot to see in and around the city: The French Quarter (that was packed with students during their spring break), the beautiful and affluent Garden District, The Mississippi River and the only steam boat on it, the Mardi Gras factory (the recent Mardi Gras was evident with beads thrown everywhere – on the streets, on electric wires and trees..), the plantation grounds outside the city and the most unique cemeteries!
These photos are just a few out of the hundreds I took. There are also some photos out of my “Remains of the Day" (courtesy of Mary Ann Moss) travel journal.

11 comments:

Claire said...

Came to your blog from the ROD group... your journal is breath taking! Makes me want to go see New Orleans for myself!

Annette said...

Hi, glad to see pics of your New Orleans journal. I like how you showed the pictures and how they were incorporated into the journal itself. Beautiful work!

Carina said...

Love the cover on your ROD journal and the photos are nice too. Its been forever since I visited N.O. and this makes me want to go again,like maybe to the Jazz and Heritage festival.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Wonderful photos and your ROD journal is amazing. I love New Orleans with its rich culture, you caught it beautifully. Made me wish I was there!

Debi From the Pacific Northwest said...

Wow! Great journal. I love the color and lines. Your journal is great... love the pages so much. It really makes me want to GO there.
HuGGs!
Debi for ROD class

Jo Reimer said...

What a wonderful book. Hmmmm. I wonder where I put my NO stuff? Maybe I'll have to make a book about my own visit.

Laura Kay said...

I just love your ROD journal!!! I have a question about the 2nd pic of the inside, is that a photo cut out over another photo? Anyway I really like that!!!

Monkey Mind said...

Wonderful travel journal! I finished my journal but it's just sitting on my desk...guess I need to get myself to New Orleans (or someplace interesting). Thanks for the inspiration.

oneartistjournal said...

Beautiful pictures Dorit, and I love your travel journal pages and cover. It is great to see your colors and your textures here again.
XOXOrly

Sharon said...

I was in New Orleans once before Katrina. Amazing city and I loved it.Your photos and journal brought back some lovely memories. Would love to go back sometime. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jean Lennon said...

We went to New Orleans from UK in 2010. I did make an art journal but have all these photos didn't want to do a traditional scrap book but you have inspired me with your photo journal