Sunday, January 17, 2010

JoUrNaLiNg










Recently I have been participating in Mary Ann Moss' journaling class. We made these awesome shabby journals out of scraps. The harder part (for me) is to fill the journal because I am not quite a flowing/spilling kind of writer, but I am sure the images, colors and textures will take most of the space anyway..and yes, that's my work table while working on the journal!
Also, in the other set of photos you can see some journals I made out of the paper that was covering my art classroom tables while teaching printmaking. I love the randomness of the color spots on them.
And talking about journaling - I am adding to my Etsy store some tags and labels, as well as some vintage Valentine cards.

11 comments:

Roben-Marie said...

Your journal is coming along so nicely! I love it and thanks for sharing. I haven't started my inside pages yet. Still plugging along!! :)

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

oh that looks so yummy~well done!!

marciglenn said...

Your journal is just lovely. I so enjoy seeing the stash of stuff next to the sewing machine. Thanks for posting the pics.

Diane said...

Isn't this process fun! Glad I'm not the only one taken over by papers, labels, etc. Your journal is beautiful.

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I'm in this class too! I also saw your book in Michael's and am saving up my pennies for it!!! :)

I googled your name and found your blog. (Not a stalker but just another scrapper/mixed media girl)

oneartistjournal said...

These are beautiful Dorit..it's nice to find time to actually make art...not just teaching it...
XOXOrly

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Looking at your pages again, they are very cool for Mary Ann's class.

Nicole Austin said...

beautiful journal! i'm taking this class, too! :) so much fun!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Adorable! And thanks for the peek into your work space- it's a relief to find someone almost as messy as me!

Diane said...

I've revisited your blog and just to mention that I love your painted pages. I've started painting mine.

holly said...

oh my. i discovered your blog via the sew mama sew giveaway extravaganza. i have to admit there are so many folks to visit i haven't spent much time on any blogs... but i am comPletely sucked into yours. glad to see another art journaler that prefers found items and office supply stickers over cookie-cuttered scrapbooking tools!

thanks for sharing, you've inspired me today!